FROZEN OATMEAL - BREKKIE HACK
This recipe makes enough for seven breakfasts if you use three "oatmeal muffins" per serving.
8 cups water
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups steel-cut oats
7 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Bring water and salt to a rolling boil. Pour in oats, stir, and reduce heat to simmer, cooking for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in the maple syrup and cinnamon. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Lightly grease 21 sections of two 12-cup muffin tins, and pour in the oatmeal.
- Freeze flat for five hours. Remove pan from the freezer and allow to thaw for a few minutes. Using a butterknife, gently pop the oatmeal "muffins" out of the pan, seal in a freezer bag, and keep frozen.
- When you're ready to eat, place two to three in a bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
recipe from www.popsugar.com.au